Allen & York are working with a growing environmental consultancy specialising in water resource availability and environmental management, to bring on board a specialist fluvial geomorphologist into the team. You will join a team working on diverse projects across the UK, with the support of one of the largest consultancy groups in the country.
You will lead field surveys and undertake associated data analysis and also play a key part in proposal writing and commercial activities.
You will be:
- Be educated to at least MSc/ but preferably PhD level in a water resource/ environmental management related discipline.
- Have a solid grounding in the theory and practice of fluvial geomorphology (essential).
- Have experience in project management.
- Be familiar with field assessment and sampling methodologies in river and wetland environments, specifically with knowledge of sediment sampling and geomorphic assessments/ analyses.
- Have some experience working in river/ floodplain restoration design, Natural Flood Management and/ or fish passage projects.
- Have some experience supervising construction restoration design and acting as Principal Designer under CDM Regulations 2015.
- Ideally be based in Inverness or central Scotland.
- Hold a UK driving lisence
- Have experience working with MS Excel, GIS and AutoCAD.
This is a rare opportunity to join an independent, forward thinking group with the backing of a major consultancy team. Applications are welcomed immediately and will be progressed as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.