|Job Title:||FM Service Support Manager - Bedfordshire|
|Location:||UK - England - East of England, Bedfordshire|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Butler|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
The Service Support Manager reports to the Senior FM Business Manager
and is responsible for the delivery of key Facilities Management (FM) 'back office' support functions within the business area and the management of low risk contracts/buildings
The Service Support Manager supports the Senior FM Business Manager in the preparation and administration of forecasts, resource plans and schedules, together with providing administrative support in connection with risk, legal, complaints and incident management. The role provides and receives highly complex, sensitive and contentious information.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role
• Build and manage the local day to day relationship with suppliers, vendors and contractors for which the role is responsible for, to ensure that services are delivered in line with business and contractual requirements.
• Support the Senior FM Business Manager and Service Delivery manager in performance discussions and negotiations with suppliers and partners.
• Responsible for the active monitoring and auditing of services to ensure service delivery is effective and in line with contracted requirements.
• Schedule and roster assets & resources where required to maximise their utilisation.
• Provide administrative support to the area with regard to risk, legal issues, complaints and incident management.
• Support the Senior FM Business Manager in the creation and management of maintenance schedules for the area.
• Prepare forecasts for resource planning purposes.
• Manage the skills profile, training and competency framework for the area.
• Support the Senior FM Business Manager in all matters of oversight for the area.
• Assist in the monitoring and review of contracted services, through the provision of key supporting data and information.
• Ensure all properties meet statutory regulations and environmental, health and safety requirements.
• Actively identify opportunities to improve service and internal policies.
• Plan and organise a range of complex activities i.e. plan programmes which impact across services, implement new ways of working, capacity planning and facilitate collaborative working.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of comprehensive administration, support systems and procedures designed to support the effective operation of the service.
• Provide effective management of direct reports to increase and maintain engagement as a basis for performance improvement.
• Contribute to the monitoring and management of local budget.
• Responsible for carrying out project work as directed by Senior FM Business Manager in order to contribute to the development and improvement of local activities and services.
• Sets and communicates high personal standards of accuracy and completeness to the team.
• Degree level or equivalent vocational/professional qualification or equivalent professional experience.
• Appropriate management qualification or equivalent professional experience.
• Highly developed specialist knowledge in FM.
• Knowledge of range of specialist FM services.
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety at work act 1974.
• For Hard Services, knowledge of HTMs and HBNs
• For Soft FM knowledge of relevant legislation or standards
• Excellent motivational, persuasive and negotiating skills
• Strong written and verbal presentation and communication
• Demonstrable ability to influence and build internal and external partnerships
• Negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to provide leadership as a member of the Area Service Management team
• Strong, analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure, and consistently meet tight deadlines and offer practical solutions
• Able to work in a customer led environment and satisfy major stakeholders
• High level experience of facilities management
• Operational experience at mid-management level in a sizeable flexible staffing organisation
• Demonstrable experience organisational change
• Forecasting, scheduling and rostering experience
• Demonstrable experience of managing support functions in an FM arena
• Experience in managing contracted services
• Up to date knowledge and experience of resource utilisation and control