General Manager - Collections
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager to join a leading resource management and recycling company. The successful candidate will manage the combined operations of various skip areas and Trade departments. Delivery of sustainable and profitable growth will also be part of the role responsibilities.
* Maintain a strong focus on health and safety throughout your team.
* Maintain, improve and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
* Continuous improvement of all operations and processes in order to profit growth.
* Continuous review of new strategic technologies.
* Deliver a seamless operation between all sites.
* Maximising the value of the material collected.
* Ensuring you and you your team optimise productivity of all vehicles, drivers and routes.
* Improve driver performance using strategic telemetric data.
* Demanding cost efficiencies and delivering a low cost operation.
* Mentor and develop a strong team to enhance performance and ensure all key positions within the Collections team are filled appropriately.
* Ensure all appraisals are completed within the prescribed timescales.
* Ensure there is adequate out of hours' supervision and auditing by the management team.
* Lead by example and train the team to perfect the golden rules of excellent customer service.
* Ensure high quality of the Client brand at all times through the production process of the welding and painting teams.
* Credits and complaints to be minimised for all activities within the collections department.
* Ensure the client continues to be an innovator and market leader for waste management solutions.
* Create time to research and develop new opportunities.
Skills & Knowledge
* Providing genuine and visible H&S leadership and culture change programmes.
* A proven track record of commercial success.
* Results orientated, with desire and tenacity to optimise performance.
* Excellent, negotiation, organisational and delegation skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload.
* Customer relationship management skills, with experience dealing with customers.
* Excellent numeracy and communication skills, both written and spoken.
* Strong IT skills including use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Flexible approach to working.
* Self-motivated and resourceful.
* In depth Product and Industry knowledge (desirable but not essential).
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.