Materials Trading - General Manager - North of England
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Materials Trading - General Manager, with one of the UK's leading waste companies, who has strong ties with a prolific global group. Our Client's main focus is providing collection, resource recovery and renewable energy for communities and businesses.
They firmly believe that their employees are the driving force behind their business success and are looking to expand the range and depth of their team, by recruiting a highly efficient, business focused individual for the Materials Trading - General Manager role.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
* Work with the Regional Director to prepare a 2-year all-materials disposal/treatment strategy.
* Manage the Regional Materials Trading team.
* Support the Area Managers in the daily running of the operations in relation to the management of off-taker relations.
* Establish a formal industry network of groups and liaisons to ensure that the RMT is best placed at all times to maximize its opportunities to develop new business.
Job Role Expectations:
* Be full time and be prepared to travel extensively throughout the Region, the UK and within Europe.
* Report to the Regional Director and attend monthly regional management team meetings.
* Own and deliver the Waste Fuel Supply, Commodity Trading and ReUse Strategy.
* Liaise closely and collaborate with the other General Manager - Materials Trading.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Proven track record in a management role with an excellent account in a profit centre of at least £5m turnover.
* Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to business/project development particularly within a Waste Management environment.
* Suitably qualified and a proven track record and experience in the application of sound project development and project management techniques.
* Commercially aware with strong profit orientation. Numerate and financially astute.
* A highly credible leader, with strong people skills capable of developing and motivating a widespread and multi-disciplined team.
* Excellent business acumen and have highly developed commercial negotiation skills to succeed in business
* Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and improve operational and