General Plant Operator - Waste
Leading global energy provider are looking for a General Plant Operator for their London facility.
- Ensure that all plant (under postholder's remit) is operated in accordance with the instructions of the Duty Shift Engineer, through the Control Room.
- Liaising with all relevant departments e.g. M&E maintenance, contractors and engineers.
- Keeping a continuous check of the operational status of plant under the postholder's control by means of instrumentation and indicators.
- Carrying out routine plant checks and tests as instructed, maintaining log books and reporting defects or abnormalities.
- Assisting with the Isolation/de-Isolation of plant as required and directed by the Duty Shift Engineer.
- Assisting in the delivery and dispatch of chemicals and other relevant materials.
- Providing appropriate cover in the safe operation of the Cranes when requested by management.
- Responsibility for ensuring that any Quality, Safety or Environmental Systems procedures which they are responsible for managing or undertaking, are performed in accordance with appropriate requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
* C&G Boiler Operation, Turbine Operation or equivalent.
* Experience in the operation of Boilers, Turbines, and auxiliary plant, or suitable alternative experience augmented by further training.
* Working towards or holding further relevant qualifications (e.g City and Guilds auxiliary plant operation or principles and operation of power plant, or. ONC engineering).
Flexible approach and good team worker.
Good communication skills.
We look forward to receiving your application.