A strong opportunity has arisen for Geo Environmental Engineer to join the UK's leading Ground and site investigation team in Manchester. You will be working with one of the largest offices of this type in the UK.
You will be working on site managing various ground investigations for industrial, residential and infrastructure development, as well as providing factual and interpretive report writing expertise. Experience managing similar projects within a consultancy setting is mandatory.
- Running and/or supporting Phase I & II geo-environmental ground investigations for all scales of projects and types of site with senior support as necessary
- Undertaking site works using a variety of intrusive investigation methods;
- Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
- Undertaking ground gas, vapour and groundwater monitoring;
- Writing factual and interpretative reports including quantitative risk assessment;
- Supervising remediation and earthworks projects (training provided);
- Liaising with clients, regulators and internal specialists (as necessary).
- BSc or equivalent in Geology, Environmental Science or similar;
- MSc desirable but not essential;
- Working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution;
- Typically requires at least 2-5 years specific relevant experience;
- An understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land, geotechnics;
- Basic knowledge of planning legislation;
- Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments to a basic level;
- Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
- Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits:
- Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Training by senior team members to enable technical and managerial progression
- Significant support and encouragement to enable career progression
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays
This is a strong opportunity to join a market leading team at an exciting point of their development. Please contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.