The GeoScience team at Allen & York have been commissioned to assist a leading Engineering Consultancy in expanding their team in West Yorkshire.
We are looking to attract a qualified geologist, with between 2 and 5 years of experience in a similar role. A higher degree in engineering geology, geotechnical engineer or environmental consultancy would be a distinct advantage. Familiarity with BS: 5930:1999 and the ability to author Phase 1 and 2 reports is essential. We are looking to develop the successful candidate towards Chartership, and the ability to work as part of a team us the most important asset sought. Rapid career progression is available for the successful candidate.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Good first degree in Earth Science related discipline.
- Experience in field investigation including exploratory investigation and management of subcontractors.
- Proven technical experience commensurate to the role in either geotechnical or contamination aspects, with applied knowledge of both.
- Experience collecting groundwater vapour samples / gas monitoring.
- Driving licence is essential and must have use of own vehicle.
- Must be prepared to work away from home.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To coordinate field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigations.
- To work within a team, undertaking desk studies, ground investigations, data analysis, factual and interpretative report writing in support of development and infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
- To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information on this opportunity. 01202 888986