We are seeking a well-grounded GeoEnvironmental consultant to join a rapidly expanding team in Manchester. You will be part of a national team with an outstanding record of growth over the last few years.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and dynamic, with excellent verbal and written communication ability. Responsibilities will include technical input to projects, including supporting / preparing proposals, project planning, management of resources (office or site based) and sub-contractors (where required), Site supervision, completion of appropriate scheduling of laboratory testing (where necessary), site monitoring, data assessment, factual and interpretative reporting and financial management
Necessary Experience & Skills
- Full UK Driving Licence essential;
- Site investigation design, supervision and management;
- Excellent understanding of geology and field descriptions in accordance with BS:5930 (2015);
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc)
- Development of conceptual site models, undertaking of generic quantitative risk assessments (GQRAs) and ground gas risk assessments in accordance with current UK guidance;
- Track record in the production of factual and interpretative reports, including Desk Studies / PRAs (Phase 1) and Site Investigation reports (Phase 2);
- Good understanding of relevant UK legislation and guidance, including Part llA of the 1990 Environmental Protection Act, CLEA, CLR11 and BS:10175.
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- Member of professional Body working towards Chartered status.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy in the North West. Contact Tom Herbert for more details.