ALLEN & YORK have been engaged by a well renowned multidiscipline Civil and Environmental Engineering and consultancy group who are looking to bolster their Geo Environmental offering in their Birmingham office. This role would suit a consultant looking to step up from a regional consultancy or an engineer looking to break out from the constraints of an International Civil Engineering group.
This role can be offered at either Consultant or Senior grade. The responsibilities will vary by grade but a rough outline of responsibilities is included below:
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002.
- Supervising all forms of drilling, including rotary coring.
- Ordering desk study searches, consultations and prepare desk study reports.
- Interpret geological maps and undertake mining risk assessments in line with Coal Authority requirements.
- Basic landfill gas risk assessment.
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports.
- Supervise ground engineering projects.
- Prepare quotes/tenders for potential projects.
- Project managing site investigations and remediation validation works.
- Supervising and instructing drillers, technicians, junior engineers and engineers.
The successful candidate will hold a BSc in Engineering Geology, Environmental Science or similar, and a MSc is desirable but not essential. For a Senior level role, progress towards chartership would also be well received.
For more details contact Tom Herbert, 01202 888986