Allen & York are once more providing specialist recruitment support to a sector leading not for profit organisation which develops best practice and guidance across the contaminated land and waste sectors, this role offers a unique opportunity to step away from traditional consulting and build on experience you may have gained there.
We are looking to appoint a Project & Standards Officer focussed on upholding industry standards on a major national infrastructure project. The role is based in Berkshire.
The role offers the chance to a professional from the contaminated land and geo environmental sector, to become a key member of the team implementing ongoing initiatives on mega projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day liaison with HS2 and Joint Venture organisations as well as embedded Regulators.
- On-going auditing of use of the initiative on the HS3 project, specifically the project Materials Management Plans, supporting documents and Declarations.
- Reporting of findings to HS2 and the EA.
- Managing general technical enquiries arising from the project.
- Coordinating and supporting the delivery of training provisions.
- Capturing project case-studies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or another relevant subject.
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Contaminated Land preferred but not essential.
- Auditing experience.
- Strong familiarity with contaminated land guidance and legislation
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capability of producing written reports to a high standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Good communication / presentation skills.
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute preferred.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a contaminated land consultant to step away from the traditional consulting sphere and develop a new skill set. You will be inputting into projects from a unique angle, ensuring industry standards are upheld on a project of national importance.
Contact Tom Herbert at Allen and York for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title:||Geoenvironmental Project & Standards Officer|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|