Allen & York are continuing our support of a leading UK consultancy group, who are looking to grow their Geotechnical and piling team in a number of key locations.
This is a key commercial role that relies on technical understating to provide an accurate and efficient tendering process.
- Processing of new enquiries and database management of existing jobs and clients
- Site visits for tender evaluation, calculation quantities from technical drawings
- Obtaining supplier/subcontractor quotations and preparing tender submissions up to a value of around £4million
- Following up with clients to ensure repeat business
- At least 3 years of contracting experience within construction estimating
- Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders
- Previous experience in a sales or business development function, with the energy and drive to grow the business
- Excellent commercial awareness and strong networks within the market
- Previous construction site experience outside of an estimating role.
- Solid computing/Office suite experience
- UK driving licence
- Previous experience in drilling or piling
This is a strong opportunity to join one of the UK largest ground engineering teams by revenue, at a time of continued growth in an unstable market. Applications will be reviewed and appraised as soon as they are received. This role can be based in either the North of England, or the South West (Bristol).