Orpington, South East London
Leading multidisciplinary consultancy, specialising across building design and construction, are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join their expanding design and construction team.
- To manage projects, parts of larger projects and to take the lead as sole designer on some smaller projects, to ensure that they are delivered to the required timescales and quality standards.
- Undertake scheme and detailed design (as appropriate) on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables.
- Writing project and survey inspection reports, making recommendations (where appropriate) and writing other correspondence connected with project delivery, as required.
- Supervise the technician staff in the team and when required assist other members of the team to complete tasks to meet deadlines.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team.
- Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- First Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Working towards Chartered status.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the design office
- Minimum of 2 years' experience on building structures projects in UK
- Experience of designing in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
- Able to produce written reports in good English
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, Fastrak, etc)
- Hold current UK driving licence
Essential Personal Skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Good communicator, able to accept guidance and constructive criticism and to provide regular feedback to line manager.
- Team player.
- Confident, personable and motivated.
- Excellent contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Training and Development programme.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK - 01202 888 986.