Graduate/Consultant Flood Risk Specialist - Water & Environment
Following 2 years of continued success and growth in our client's Water and Environment team, we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of a variety of projects in the Rivers and Coastal sector whilst supporting our Water, Rail, Highways and Tunnels divisions. Our key clients include the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
We have recently won a £1M package of flood alleviation schemes in the Northwest of England and a number of site supervision contracts for flood alleviation schemes across the Southeast. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phases 1 and 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help the company maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, positive and confident graduate/consultant flood risk specialist to help us grow our team. As part of your role you will provide technical expertise on a wide variety of projects, including hydrology and hydraulic models of river, sewer or coastal processes for the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other major public and private developers. You will work closely within our team of hydraulic modellers, hydrologists, civil engineers, flood risk specialists and environmentalists in your delivery of hydraulic modelling and hydrological analyses. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of technical delivery ensuring high quality standards and working with senior consultants and engineers to ensure timely and efficient working.
- A robust understanding of hydraulic principles and their practical application in the water environment
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to the delivery of complex flood risk projects
- Strong competence in hydrology and hydraulic modelling software packages (such as TuFlow, ISIS or InfoWorks ICM), and/or hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
- Experience of working within a team, able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written) and commitment to mentoring more junior staff
- Experience in the use of the hydraulic and hydrological modelling and GIS software
- Quality management experience in delivery of technical work
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to share information and ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- In addition to the above, it would be desirable if you have experience in GIS or AutoCAD software packages (such as MapInfo, ArcGIS or QGIS)
As the successful candidate, you will hold a Degree or preferably a Masters qualification in Engineering, Earth Science, Environment Science, Geography, or Water. Experience of working directly for the Environment Agency would be beneficial. You may be required to travel on behalf of the company to visit clients/sites etc. and therefore a valid UK driving licence is an advantage.
What's in it for you?
At this forward-thinking company training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. We will also assist you in working towards your chartership through structured mentoring and exposure to a wide range of project and technical disciplines. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.