Graduate or Town Planner – Kent
£20,000 - £25,000 (+ benefits)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Graduate or Assistant Planner to take the next step in their career.
Our client is a highly successful and busy practice in Kent with motivated Architecture and Town Planning teams. They provide a comprehensive and innovative range of services using the latest information technology and quality-assured management systems. They have a wide range of technical experience and have built up several strong long-term, client relationships, with over 75% of their work coming from word-of-mouth and repeat business.
This is the perfect opportunity for the right Planner to become a part of a wonderful variety of projects with a wide range of clients, from private individuals and householders, to major developers and ecclesiastical organisations. The planning team prides themselves on their professionalism and the effectiveness of the service that they provide.
Due to continued growth, our client has a fantastic opportunity for a talented Town Planner to join their busy Kent office, with easy links to London and Essex.
Initially working with a Partner, or Associate, your main duties will include:
- Drafting planning statements, design and access statements and submitting planning applications.
- Preparing local plan representations and undertaking background research for clients.
- Liaising with stakeholders and undertaking local consultations
- Representing the company at committee meetings and events
You will work on projects throughout the UK. You will work alongside a diverse range of people, including landowners, public and private sectors professionals, local politicians and residents.
- Town Planning undergraduate degree (essential)
- Good knowledge of the planning system and excellent communication and report writing skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to use own initiative and have a professional manner and good social skills
- Concise level of computer literacy
In return they are offering a competitive salary, contributory pension, health care scheme and excellent career progression including full sponsorship & mentoring to allow the successful candidate to complete their APC and achieve MRTPI Chartered status.
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986