Allen & York are a sustainability recruitment consultancy, working globally to place professionals within the environmental, sustainability, energy and health & safety specialisms into corporate, consultancies and not for profit. We work responsibly, collaboratively and in partnership with our clients, to secure the most qualified candidates through contingency, exclusive and retained executive search service offerings.
We are recruiting graduates that would like to develop a rewarding career within sustainable recruitment.
The role of Recruitment Consultant at Allen & York is sales orientated, consultative and one that requires ambition and drive, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
What does the role involve?
- Developing key accounts, strategically, whilst winning new and important business for the company
- Build strong, effective relationships, understand key decision-makers, and conduct business conversations with senior executives
- Display a technical understanding of your specialist area.
- Being proactive in selling the variety of recruitment solutions- demonstrating successes with retained business and contingency and inputting into proposals.
- Write effective job adverts and respond to applications in a timely and effective manner
- Collaborate with our research team in order to source the most qualified candidates for the roles as well as carrying out your own candidate research
- Build your network of candidates and maintain talent pools
- Pitching candidates to clients with confidence over the phone, gaining interviews for candidates and navigating the candidate through the recruitment process
- Managing the offer process with confidence, dealing with counter offers and negotiating packages on behalf of candidates and clients
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in one of our key sectors: sustainability, environment, energy or health & safety.
- Excellent communication skills - listening and speaking.
- Ambitious and resilient individuals with a great sense of personal drive and motivation
- A confident and positive attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Results-oriented with consistent record of success in achieving objectives
- Individual who possess a strong commercial acumen
- Confident, tenacious, self-motivated, creative and able to work in teams and individually.
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary and commission scheme
- Opportunity for flexible and hybrid working
- Collaborative, supportive and a warm and friendly working culture
- Being part of a business that is growing with a solid foundation and reputable global brand
- A range of tools and resources to help you be the best recruiter you can be
- A culture that listens, learns and responds
- Expert support from individuals with collectively over 100 years recruitment experience within the environment sector
- Career progression - carve out your own career