Quality Manager - Grid Connection, Offshore Transmission
£550 per day
December 2017 - July 2020
* Engineering degree qualified with electrical background.
* Proven significant Quality Assurance and Quality Control experience in an offshore wind
* Technical experience in electrical. Mechanical or civil construction works experience is also
* Quality auditing certification required.
* Working in teams capabilities and team management
* Leadership skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to influence at various levels of an organisation.
* Proven significant experience of IT applications (word, excel, document management systems)
* Proven significant experience of working with multi-disciplinary suppliers (electrical plant, cable,
* Proven experience of implementing or working to an inspection regime for the production of goods /
* Flexibility in working hours to meet the needs of the job.
* Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy but within the quality/package team at the same time
* Provision of quality management support and coaching.
* Responsible for all aspects of Quality Management for Grid Connection package (OFTO) of EA ONE Offshore Windfarm project.
* Implementing the company and project QMS along with any other specific requirements. This will
include all aspects of Quality Management from implementing the system, preparing/reviewing
technical specifications, auditing suppliers, inspecting products and works, arranging product
certification and FAT's where necessary, reporting on project performance and project directors
* A large part of the role will also include providing lead and coordinate a team of quality managers and quality inspectors distributed within the different sub-packages, ensuring an appropriate
implementation of the project quality plan and other quality requirements in all stages.
* Responsibility in coordination, performance of internal and external audits to the Grid connection
package. This will include the follow up and closure of the resulting Audits NCRs.
* In addition it will be responsible to provide practical advice and support to the project team to ensure
consistent methodology is being applied and understood.
* Maintain and improve internal Quality Management Systems
* Coordinate and support sub-package quality managers and quality inspectors
* Establishing and maintaining weekly meetings and report with sub-packages quality managers to ensure an appropriate understanding of its status and main areas of concern, so actions can be implemented
* Establishing and maintaining weekly and monthly reports across sub-packages to ensure an
appropriate reporting line to the EA ONE quality management about the status and mania areas of concern of the Grid package
* Coordinate and /or perform internal and external audits to the Grid package
* Follow up and closure of any Audit's NCRs
* Implement NCR procedure, ensuring consistent identification, register and closure of NCRs across
* Collaborate with the different members of the quality team, sharing lessons learnt and reporting
deviations in order to improve the overall quality performance
* Plan the grid package resources to ensure they are appropriate and sufficient to achieve the Project
* Propose a package Audit program for the different suppliers and internal procedures.
* Establishing, reviewing and reporting on overall package quality KPIs in a weekly and monthly basis. (including detailed report of sub-packages)
* Implement, promote and measure performance to achieve quality goals on the project. Creating a
quality culture throughout the project team and other stakeholders.
* Embed a consistent and controlled approach to any works throughout the project team e.g.
engineering, procurement, construction etc.
* Ensure fundamental project reference documents are in place, monitored, updated and communicated on a regular basis e.g. Project Quality Plan.
* Update, create or facilitate the creation of standard quality specifications to be issued to suppliers to
ensure customer, regulatory or other requirements are being met.
* Inspecting and auditing internal and external parties as required.
* Working to the company methodology for equipment categorization and inspection regimes.
* Deliver works to customer, legal and other requirements (standards etc.).
* Responsible for appropriate Document procedure implementation across all the OFTO sub-packages. Including the maintenance and improvement of document control management procedure liaising with OFTO and EA ONE Document controllers
* Responsible of maintaining the OFTO package MDR
* Ensuring the punctual and accurate delivery by each supplier of manufacturing record book for all the sub-packages
* Ability to integrate with and influence package teams consisting of various parties.
* Highlight any quality training required across the project team. Support with the delivery of training
* Ensure a mechanism is in place to capture defective works and monthly reports are produced.
* Supervising technical staff for inspection and tests.
* Complete regular management systems reports.
* Bring staff of different disciplines together to drive the company / project plan, methodology, quality
* Manage and maintain the EA ONE's quality inspection and product release programs for raw and inprocess materials and components, processes and finished goods.
* Maintain awareness of the wider project and business goals and encourage a balanced approach to
* Taking early action to improve works and support the delivery of wider business goals.