An exciting Health & Safety opportunity has arisen with Hall & Woodhouse, a leading Dorset employer, who have a strong pub operating and brewing heritage dating back to 1777. They remain an independent family business as they head towards their 250-year anniversary. Allen & York are proud to be working with Hall & Woodhouse in their recruitment of a Group Health & Safety Manager
As well as producing awarding Badger Ales and Rio, Hall & Woodhouse operate an estate of circa. 200 public houses, a large brewery facility and stylish offices. Hall & Woodhouse's family legacy has positively influenced their ways of working both internally and externally, and has shaped the ADIKT values to which their team aspire:
- Ambition: Developing ourselves, others and H&W
- Dedication: We will strive to be brilliant at what we do
- Integrity: We do the right thing
- Kindness: Making people's day
- Teamwork: Working as a team to get things done…and have fun!
As the Hall & Woodhouse Group Health & Safety Manager, you will have responsibility for implementing the 'Safe Place to Work' strategy and undertake a full safety role within the business. The nature of the role dictates travel throughout the South of England, ensuring a consistant approach to safety and to deliver a positive safety culture. Duties will include managing risk identification within the business, maintaining & reviewing policies & procedures, providing guidance on safety-based training, be the point of contact for authorities & external bodies and to provide line management for Safety Ambassadors.
This list is not exhaustive and needless to say; communication, attention to detail and a passion for safety are key factors that we want to see.
Essential skills include: -
- Prior health and safety experience ideally from a food related, multisite business.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence change and challenge stakeholders.
- Proven experience in facilitating behavioural safety change programmes.
- Ambition to continue with your own personal professional development.
- Interested to keep up to date with changes in legislation and their impact on the business.
- GradIOSH or above
- Degree or similar level of education
Every individual plays a vital role at Hall & Woodhouse, if you want to be a part of the Hall & Woodhouse family, have a passion for safety and looking for a new challenge then apply today via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rachel Gladdis 01202 888986 for a confidential conversation.