Head of Engineering - T&D
Our client is one of the industry's membership bodies providing a strategic focus for the transmission and distribution network operators for gas and electricity in the UK and Ireland.
Their members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and businesses and together we are involved in the future long-term development and implementation of the UK's energy infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with experience within the Electricity Networks, Distribution/ Transmission sector who is able to develop excellent working relationships with their member companies and operate successfully within the Operations Team.
Ideally the successful candidate will be a chartered electrical engineer with some experience of safety related matters but consideration will be given to non-engineers with operational and/ or safety experience.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Safety, the Head of Engineering and Safety, with staff reports, will be responsible for managing their electricity engineering and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) functions to ensure that it effectively and efficiently meets member companies' needs as well as communicating with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Promote and enable the UK to have the safest, most reliable, efficient and sustainable energy networks in the world
- Ensure they are recognised as the industry's engineering authority.
- Anticipate and provide for member companies' common needs.
- Assist the Director of Operations and Safety in the production of works programme and report on pro
- Management of Engineering and Safety Teams and contracting staff to meet the requirements of the agreed business plan.
- Produce responses to consultations, position papers and reports addressing industry
- wide policy issues representing their view on behalf of member
- Identify and analyse new technologies that will contribute to the development of a smarter network.
- Engage with Ofgem, HSE and other bodies on work areas associated with network operator issues.
- Represent and present at meetings, conferences and seminars as required.
- Experience of working in, or with, the electricity industry or other utilities in a senior engineering, safety or project management role would be advantageous but not essential.
- Candidates must have proven leadership skills and demonstrable experience in building positive and productive relationships with colleagues, customers, commercial partners and stakeholders.