Are you working in an Environmental Management and Permitting role? Are you looking for a new challenge, where you can run a small team and help the business further it's compliance and economic growth? If so, this position could be for you...
My client - a highly reputable waste management company based in the South East - is looking for someone to head up their Environment Team. Based in Kent, you will be working with people across the business including liaising directly with the Directors to inform, implement and educate on Environmental Management and Planning requirements. Moreover, you will get involved at a strategic level and working alongside the sales team in bid development.
To be considered for the role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- a proven background in implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Systems in accordance with ISO14001
- experience of ensuriung compliance with environmental permits
- you will have applied for consents previously and be familiar with how these work
- you will be competent at managing permits and waste management licences
- you will have conducted audits and ideally be a Lead Registered Auditor
- you will be experienced at identifying training needs and delivering this
- experience in the waste sector would be a distinct advantage but it's not essential
- strong communication and relationship building skills as you will be responsible for forging strong relations with people from the EA, local authority planners, landlords and stakeholders
- you will hold a valid license and a willingness to travel throughout the SE, principally Kent
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking more autonomy and a chance to utilise skills and experience gained over a number of years to really help promote and grow the business and achieve a range of objectives.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207. I look forward to receiving your application.