Environmental and Social Expert - Eastern Europe
We would like to hire an Internal Environmental and Social Expert who has more than 20 years relevant experiences in the field.
- Responsible for overseeing the Environmental and Social performance of a large Hydropower Project implementation.
- Manage and monitor the implementation of the ESMP measures which are under the responsibility of Company
- Manage the ESMP and LALRP budgets.
- Establish Scope of Work for, and manage, contracts with specialized E&S sub-consultants.
- Manage the communication with the Lenders on E&S aspects.
- Prepare Project Incident Notification to Lenders, Six-monthly Environmental & Social Report to Lenders and Six-monthly Environmental & Social Performance report to larger public.
- Ensure that environmental or social monitoring reports are produced and quality assured.
- Propose, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with national environmental and social legislation.
- Monitor and advise on compliance with Lenders E&S policies. Resolve E&S issues in case of non-compliance, and where needed, prepare time-bound corrective action plans with specific follow-up procedures.
- Promote good health, social and environmental practices throughout all Company activities;
- Consult with other line managers and Owners Engineer and give appropriate advice on formulating best-practice policies and procedures.
- Amend, improve or develop internal procedures required for E&S management
- Provide, or where necessary source, environmental and social training to the E&S Team members
- Manage public disclosure of E&S project documentation
- Experience of Social & Environment management for around 20yrs
- Preferably renewable project experience but this could extend to other power projects or multi million-pound infrastructure projects.
- Prefferred that this person will have East European regional project experience
- Be an excellent communicator in English.