A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a talented and passionate Head of Facilities to work with a leading Charity based organisation that provides specialist care for people with life-threatening illness in East and North London areas.
They were established over a 100 years ago and have a variety of buildings built over the course of 6 decades. Based on an urban site, the role of Head of FM will be responsible for all aspects of Facilities Management including daily operations management of maintenance services, catering, housekeeping, H&S and all compliance matters.
You will report into the Chief Executive Officer and be accountable for the Facilities Manager and all the Facilities Department.
Oversee and manage all aspects of facilities, providing line management and leading the Facilities Department
Develop a site strategy for the use of Charity properties and a future plan of work to maintain and improve those properties
Manage the Facilities Department budget and monitor and provide advice on budget allocations to the Heads of services engaged in facilities management
Have overall responsibility for the operational management of building and facilities services for the charity and for the maintenance of the Charities estate
Fire safety systems and procedures compliance
Emergency Lighting and Risk Assessment Procedures
Medical Gas Services and Utilities Reporting
Ensure a safe working environment and be aware of responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, taking appropriate action in the event of an accident to patients, staff, self or any other person in the work area.
Qualifications & Skills Required;
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree in relevant subject e.g. Safety, Health, Environmental Management or equivalent and/or NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management or experience to an equivalent level
- Able to demonstrate a reliable knowledge of all relevant national building and H&S regulations
- Advanced IT skills, ability to use Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Able to analyse, interpret and present complex data for a variety of audiences
- Experience of working at both an operational and a strategic level in estates/facilities
- Experience of managing a large budget
- Experience of building effective teams and networks
- Experience of managing a large team/s
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate
- Able to lead and influence others to change their practice
We look forward to receiving your application.