Head of Health & Safety (Surrey)
We have a fantastic and exclusive opportunity to work for a highly regarded Government owned business currently looking to hire a proven leader to join as their Head of Health & Safety.
The successful candidate must have had considerable exposure to major construction projects, having successfully lead teams and inspired colleagues to create and maintain a high-performance Health & Safety culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- To create and encourage a high-performance Health & Safety culture that is at the forefront of all major project considerations.
- Work alongside Senior Management to ensure the organisation's attitude towards Health & Safety is maintained to a consistently high standard.
- To challenge, support and influence Senior Management to ensure Health & Safety is the key consideration on all projects
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety meetings to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance.
- Manage Audits and Inspections of health & safety practices to be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- Operational experience within the Construction industry; specifically working on major projects within Rail, Infrastructure or Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of relevant HSQE systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- A Degree or NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards Chartership
- Experience of leading a team as the Health & Safety contact
- Experience in contributing to the development of Health & Safety policies, systems & strategies
This opportunity of Head of Health & Safety offers a salary of £58,000 to £67,000 including excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively, please contact Rob Knowles on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.