Allen & York are working in partnership with a sector leading organisation who shape and advise a broad range of organisations within the international food sector.
We are looking for three key individuals to come into the team. The Head of Health and Sustainable Consumption holds a key role managing the delivery of specific programmes within the business' sustainability pillars to maximise the team impact across their sectors. You will develop a network of stakeholders across industry, academia, government and the third sector to drive the team's sustainable consumption agenda.
You will act as an ambassador for the team's sustainability agenda both internally and externally whilst leading and developing a cross functional team.
Key areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for leading the design and implementation of the Health and Sustainable Consumption pillar including behaviour change research and intervention projects, nutritional labelling, reformulation, heathy eating in the workplace and new areas of research as applicable
- Working with Director of Health and Sustainability Programmes and Head of Sustainability to identify and develop new programmes to shape our long-term Health and Sustainability strategy
- Monitor and analyse trends and customer feedback across the Health and Sustainable Consumption agenda to identify opportunities for future development and continuous improvement
- Responsible for oversight and review of all relevant content (reports, briefing notes, toolkits, online content, etc) to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Line manage and develop a team of subject matter experts on nutrition and behaviour change
- Lead and develop a cross functional team to secure the annual business plan KPIs for your areas of responsibility.
- Report on progress against KPIs monthly - identifying risks, opportunities and recommending contingencies
- Create and manage the annual budget across your areas of responsibility
- Lead the annual business planning process for your area and help inform long term strategic planning
- Work with colleagues to ensure relevant industry working groups are highly engaged with the team and help deliver impact
- Work with colleagues across the Charity team and wider business to develop and maintain a network of external stakeholders to support our programmes
- Represent the client at meetings with key stakeholders including government departments and agencies
- Work in partnership with the Marketing team to develop effective communications plans to raise awareness and drive engagement with our Health and Sustainability programmes.
- Champion Health and Sustainability activities, ensuring internal understanding and supporting colleagues with your technical expertise
- Develop and maintain in depth knowledge of the key issues and trends in Health and Sustainable Consumption relevant to industry and key stakeholders.
- Undertake and coordinate specific research projects to produce unique insight and brief internal and external stakeholders
- Produce recommendations based on the insights to inform the direction of work programmes
- Technical and/or policy expertise across Health, R&D, and/or Sustainable Consumption agendas
- Experience of behaviour change research or intervention projects (desirable)
- Experience working with the UK food and consumer goods industry
- Strategic and political awareness - able to see the bigger picture and understand the impact of actions
- Strong project management skills - capable of working under pressure and adopting a flexible approach to meet changing priorities
- Line management experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and networking skills with the capability the engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive programmes forward through own initiative
- A team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organisation
- Willingness to be flexible and work across a broad range of health and sustainability issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Educated to Masters degree level in relevant Health, Food Technology, Sustainability or Behaviour Change discipline (desirable)
This role would report directly to the Director of Health and Sustainability Programmes, and is a fantastic opportunity to join a sector-shaping organisation. The role would be based in the office in Hertfordshire, with the flexibility to work from home for some portions of the week. The role is available immediately, and applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received.
Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information - email@example.com