Allen & York are delighted to be working on behalf of a major water utility group, to bring on board a key Senior role within their Project Control function. This is a Senior position, and would suit a seasoned Controls Professional from a construction and utilities background, who has the motivation and drive to develop the Controls function within the wider business. There is an existing team that you will inherit management of, so a strong track record of team management and development is essential. We are looking for an individual who is currently operating at Director level, or near to Director level, to come into the team and solidify the Control function's position within the wider business and to represent the team and explain the importance of their work to board level individuals. We are also looking for an individual who is confident challenging established working processes and assess viability of utility investments.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to join a respected organisation, and to take the current function to the next level.
- Ensure consistent and effective delivery of project controls within the water utility sector
- Cross check information from projects, portfolios and programmes across the business, and asses them against project aims
- Active input into budgets, and assessing performance across the project lifecycle
- Monitor risk, threats and opportunities, and act on them accordingly
- Support the tracking and realisation of business benefits of programmes and/or the portfolio.
- Actively track the status of programme/project deliverables/milestones and budgets, - working with stakeholders to resolve any variances in a timely manner where thresholds have been exceeded or are likely to be exceeded.
- Co-ordinate the team to deliver project reporting
- Conduct project audits and deliver them to the board
- Experience running projects in an NEC style commercial environment
- Successful team leadership
- Experience in managing, developing and training junior staff members
- The ability to co-ordinate multiple projects
- Ability the analyse and work with large data sets
- Good business acumen
- Construction and water infrastructure experience would be desirable
- Client side and supplier side experience would be ideal
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful applicant to join an utilities group at a crucial time in the development of their controls team. We are looking to speak with candidate immediately for a swift appointment. Applications will be reviewed and appraised as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more details.