Global Leading engineering client are looking to hire an experienced and qualified Head of SHEQ to join their fast-growing team working on various prestigious, high profile Rail projects based in the West Midlands and covering sites across the UK.
The successful candidates must have experience of working on large rail or major construction projects within a high-risk environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing sufficient resources to ensure a timely and effective response to HSE incidents across the business
- Taking full responsibility for the management of the Health & Safety Department.
- Advise and challenge the senior leadership team and board members to drive their approach to Health & Safety management and to provide health and safety continuous improvement across all management processes and activities to achieve best practice performance.
- Provide support to the company's business objectives by implementing an effective Health & Safety plan.
- Manage and develop the Health & Safety team within the business and provide clear leadership, guidance and professional support to ensure that the team capabilities are best in class and externally recognised.
- Liaise with Directors and Managers to ensure that all interfaces are well managed, and clear direction is given with regard to the Health & Safety issues.
- Drive development of Health and Safety Management Systems ensuring that appropriate policies are in place and monitor their application to ensure compliance.
- Arrange for the company to be compliant at all times with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and best practice guidelines,
- Implement and develop Health & Safety processes that meet and exceed ISO & OHSAS standards.
- Represent the business with customers and at relevant industry forums and events
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- You will need to be a strong leader and people manager with proven Health and Safety management experience in a corporate environment alongside a relevant professional Health and Safety qualification; registered Safety Practitioner status is essential.
- Operational experience within the Construction Sector
- You will be able to demonstrate the successful delivery of health, safety and behavioural programmes and possess strong commercial understanding including Business Planning and Financial Controls. Decisive yet inclusive, you will hold strong business acumen and tight financial control.
- Stakeholder management skills and the ability to challenge credibly at Board and senior management level to the benefit of performance will be critical to this role
- Either NEBOSH Diploma / CMIOSH (or working towards) / Msc. or Bsc in Health & Safety
- Excellent communication skills and adaptable team member
This opportunity of offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role, please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively, please contact Ashley Smith on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.