Health & Safety Advisor in Bedford
Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Construction & Civil Engineering company currently looking to hire an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Advisor to join their fast-growing team based in Bedford
The successful candidates must have experience of working on large scale capital projects and infrastructure
The successful candidate will be required to develop and sustain a high performing Health & Safety culture
Responsibilities will include:
- To implement and maintain group health & safety policies and ensure best practice codes are adhered to according to local standards and legislation.
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of the Company Procedures
- Advise on all current occupational H&S and environmental legislation
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety minutes to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance.
- Assist with audits and inspections of health & safety practices that will be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- Operational experience within the Civil Engineering or Construction Sector
- Knowledge of relevant HSQE systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Construction Certification
- Member of IOSH (ideally working towards CMIOSH)
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable team member
This opportunity of Health & Safety Advisor offers a salary of £40,000 to £44,000pa plus excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact Rob Knowles on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.