Are you an experienced Health & safety advisor looking to work for a company who deliver their projects beyond their clients' expectations? Have you worked within the groundworks arena? Across either demolition, remediation, drilling or civils works?
We have a rare opportunity for a Health & safety advisor to join this Civils, engineering and planning service provider in Leeds, Yorkshire. Providing Health & Safety advice both in-house and on projects.
The primary responsibility of the role is to support the Project Teams with all matters QHSE.
- Advise upon current and impending Health & Safety legislation relevant to business activities
- Advise and implement health & Safety safe working procedures to eliminate / control risk to operatives.
- Assist in developing and implementing the Company's Health & Safety Management System to ensure continuation of the OHSAS 18001 Standard.
- Audit the Company's compliance with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation, the SMS, contracts and other interested parties.
- Review tender information to evaluate the potential Health & Safety aspects of a contract at the earliest opportunity; identify potential problems and offer value engineering solutions where possible.
- Proactively liaise with statutory and non-statutory bodies.
- Identify, develop and implement Health & Safety training to raise awareness and encourage a proactive approach to site Health& Safety management
- Deliver Health & Safety induction training to new employees and Safety Awareness training to existing staff
- Report to the Support Services Manager any issues that may affect business activities, Company policy and finances
- Assist the Support Services Team in any Health & Safety and Quality issues as and when possible
- Advise Site Agents on all aspects of Health & safety to ensure safe Systems of work and train and assist them in the writing of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Provided detailed solutions for Health & Safety issues in Tender documents
- Compile the Health and Safety file for clients
- Produce the construction phase health & safety plan for site activities
- Fully Investigate accidents and incidents and devise corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Complete pre-qualification And Tender Health & Safety questionnaires
The ideal candidate will possess Nebosh Cert as a minimum, TechIOSH coupled with at least 5 years' experience within a Civils/construction environment, experienced in maintaining and improving a dynamic H & S Management System.
Possess effective communication skills at all stake-holder levels and be an innovative solution-finder.
An attractive salary and package, along with CPD are available for suitable candidates.