Allen & York are pleased to be working with a leading provider in care and housing for the South East. The client requires a Health and Safety Lead to join their busy Head Office team.
- Working with the Directors to develop an effective health & safety and quality strategy.
- Leading/supporting the implementation of the health & safety and quality strategy and related organisational learning.
- Leading the smooth and timely management of the Safeguarding & Health and Safety Forum.
- Leading and developing processes and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory best practice.
- Ensuring the health & safety and quality Strategy and Governance Framework support continuous improvement and the delivery of high standards.
- Co-ordinating the development of health & safety information published on the Company's website to promote the implementation and delivery of safety improvement plans.
- Providing leadership, specialist advice and support to the Company's Board, Senior Managers and staff in relation to developing safety improvement initiatives to deliver compliance with the Company's statutory health & safety obligations.
- Managing the Company's Safeguarding and Health & Safety Forum, ensuring there is an annual cycle of business in place to address internal and external reporting requirements, also that there is a high quality agenda, minutes and papers, and regular reports from this group are available to the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) as well as having A NEBOSH Certificate Qualification or equivalent
- Experience and working knowledge of risk management
- Experience of working as a senior manager for at least 3 years
- Experience of investigations and analysis as well as CQC inspections
- Working knowledge of the application of risk management systems and techniques as well as knowledge of the Data Protection Act including GDPR
- Knowledge of health and safety systems and development of quality KPIs and Experience of developing and implementing strategies, policies, guidelines and projects
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies, policies, guidelines and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication (including presentation) skills, can communicate highly complex information that may be difficult to understand to internal and external stakeholders and make presentations to internal and external groups
We look forward to receiving your application.