We have a great new opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join an award-winning Health and Safety team within a Utility division. The post holder will be instrumental for assisting delivery of health, safety, quality and environmental excellence in keeping with the company's strategic objectives and legal compliance targets.
You will be responsible for ensuring our aligned ISO Standards management system are in keeping with contract specifications / compliance and provide support in their effective implementation across staff and field teams alike. You will proactively with the Health & Safety Director/Divisional Directors to establish, maintain and promote a positive, safe, healthy culture across the business.
You will be field based, with our Head Office based in Essex, and smaller regional offices UK wide. Nationwide travel may be required depending on the business needs therefore being centrally based would be useful but not essential.
The overall objective will be to work proactively with Operational managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe and productive working practices across the whole business.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Protect people at work and help prevent injury and ill health by championing behavioural safety improvements, uphold safe systems of work/standards and implement risk management.
- Be instrumental in developing award-winning risk management preventative systems that are industry leading.
- Work in technical support with the Director, Senior Risk Manager/Senior Auditor / Senior HSQE Managers, colleagues to deliver outstanding safety/health across all divisions.
- Work closely with the dedicated team of safety professionals to ensure compliance is adhered to at all times in an inclusive risk management strategy.
- Advise on Health, Safety & Welfare matters direct to site by continuously engaging with field-based management and operatives.
- Ensure routine witness audits / inspections are undertaken by Operational Managers. Report findings to the Divisional Directors as appropriate and liaise with the HSQE Director as required.
In order to be successful in this role you will have a proven background in a similar role, including undertaking work-based risk assessments, Health and Safety inspections and audits as well as experience of reviewing safe working method statements and competency of staff. Experience within the Arboriculture, Rail or Landscaping industry is ideal but we would consider experience within a service provider sector.
In addition, you'll need to have the following;
Nebosh general Cert (as a minimum) Tech IOSH status.
- Passionate about making a difference in Health and Safety.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to problem solve and identify practical solutions.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and the ability to deal with confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work within a team.
In return is a competitive salary and flexi-package and full support with CPD so you can inspire and realise your full potential