Health & Safety Manager (Civil Engineering) - Bristol
Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading construction and civil engineering company currently looking to hire an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Manager to join their fast growing team based in Bedfordshire.
The successful candidates must have experience of working on Major Projects whilst supporting key stakeholders within the project. They will also be required to deliver an excellent level of high quality performance across the management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- To implement and maintain group health & safety policies and ensure best practice codes are adhered to according to local standards and legislation.
- Understanding of implementing relevant Health & Safety management systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of the Company Procedures
- Advise on all current occupational H&S and environmental legislation
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety minutes to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance.
- Audits and Inspections of health & safety practices to be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- NEBOSH Diploma or Chartered Member of IOSH (possible to be GradIOSH working towards Chartership)
- Operational experience within the Construction, Rail or Civil Engineering setor.
- Knowledge of relevant HSQE systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- Lead Auditor qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
This opportunity of Health & Safety Manager offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact Ashley Smith on 01202 888986 or email@example.com
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.