Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Allen & York are delighted to be working with a leading food manufacturing organisation based in the South West of the UK. They are seeking to appoint a Health, Safety and Environment Manager onto a busy site with over 300 people.
Reporting into the General Manager you will be responsible for implementing and co-ordinating HSE policy and procedure on a site where workforce safety is paramount. By providing guidance and support you will enable staff to meet their duties as laid out by the Group HSE function.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to take the step into a senior role from a deputy position or an experienced professional looking for a challenging new role.
- Ensure the site is safe for work and ensure continuous improvement of this
- Advising on any changes that need to be made to ensure continuous improvement of safety practice on the site
- Maintain compliance with all external and internal legislation
- Assist in the delivery and continuing development of training
- Producing management reports and HSE bulletins for the site
- Incident and accident reporting and preparing any remedial action
- Perform internal HSE audits and prepare for any external audits/visits
- Keep up to date with any relevant changes in UK HSE legislation
- Energy Management analysis and Sustainability programme management
- Upkeep of ISO 14001
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Positive and proactive attitude towards Health and Safety Management
- Suitably qualified in either Health and Safety or Environmental disciplines
If this role is of interest, then please call Jack Cornick on 01202 888986 or apply and I will contact you directly.
Allen & York specialise in the recruitment of Health and Safety professionals at all levels throughout the UK