If you are in a safety management position within another retailer then this is a great opportunity.
The role is centred around developing, coordinating and supervising the implementation and maintenance of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures as well as the required ISO activity across all Business channels.
To ensure that all the retail stores, depots and sub-contractors on site are meeting the HSE standards. They have identified some gaps in the retail stores and this would be a challenge for the right person.
- Prepare HSEQ strategies and deliver across all business channels
- Ensure all HSEQ documentation and policy meets current legislation
- Carry out risk assessments across retail stores and depots
- Outline safety procedures based on your findings
- Ensure regular audits are processed
- Plan and promote remedial and preventative procedures
- Attend management meetings as the HSE representative
- Make recommendations on working practice to eliminate risk
- Lead training sessions with senior management
- Produce reports based on audits and reviews
- Maintain accident records to report to the board
- Attend IOSH seminars and liaise with the relevant bodies
- Manage all accident reporting and investigation
- Produce monthly reports against KPI's
- Liaise with Real Estate to ensure the safe installation of equipment during store and DC refits
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous waste
- Create environment to ensure responsibility is taken across all stores
- Liaise and coordinate visits by insurers across the various sites
- Liaise with Global and European environmental teams in communicating, monitoring and measuring the company's environmental impacts.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Environmental qualification
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining multi-site HSE & Quality policies and procedures
- All aspects of H&S Training to varying groups and audiences through a variety of different mediums.
- Experience in retail or high footfall environments is non-negotiable
- A HSEQ lead position for the UK and Ireland
- Strategic level position with delivery across over 100 retail stores
- Interim or permanent role for the right person