Our client a successful property design and managed services company are looking for a Heating Engineer in Norwich area.
The Heating Engineer will be responsible for providing a professional high quality and customer orientated mechanical engineering service to customers.
1) Carry out mechanical repairs and installations to the current British Standards.
2) The ability to work from detailed mechanical design drawings and specifications across a diverse range of buildings.
3) Carry out metal arc/gas welding to certification standard.
4) Work efficiently and effectively with a wide range of commercial mechanical installations and specialist equipment such as gas, coal, biomass fired plant (after completion of certified training), wet and dry heating installations, district heating schemes, etc.
5) Carry out diagnostic fault finding on a wide range of installations and equipment
6) Ensure that all test certificates and reports are completed to specification and signed by the appropriate person ready for submission to client/client agent.
7) Assist with planning of works and make appointments where no appointments have been made.
8) Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
9) This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required.
10) This role requires a full driving licence.
11) Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
12) Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
1) City and Guilds or equivalent in Heating and Ventilation - Essential
2) ACS domestic and commercial gas qualification or equivalent - Essential
3) Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain - Essential
Skills and knowledge:
1) Experience in a similar or related role - Essential
2) Commercial installation experience -Essential
3) Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces - Essential
4) Familiar with COSHH regulations - Essential
5) Familiar with relevant construction, Health and Safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos - Essential
We look forward to receiving your application