A growing heritage consultancy, Heritage Collective provides independent, expert advice on the historic environment. The company prides itself on the quality of its advice and is involved in a wide variety of projects nationwide, particularly in London and the Home Counties. Clients include private owners, developers, housebuilders and local authorities. The breadth of project work and consultancy takes in the full range of heritage assets, both designated and non-designated and in rural and urban contexts. Projects range from small-scale alterations to urban extensions and Environmental Impact Assessments. The company is part of the Heritage Collective UK Limited group.
As a home working organisation, Heritage Collective has a rare offering within the sector and embraces remote-working technology to stay connected.
Interviews for this role will take place during September.
- At least 2 years' experience, ideally in a heritage consultancy role or similar experience in the public sector (conservation officer / Historic England)
- Good working knowledge of the planning system, legislation and policy application
- Experience in preparing Heritage Statements (impact assessments) and other reports, e.g. Environmental Statements, Conservation Management Plans and appeal statements
- Experience of providing advice on proposals and client liaison
- Experience of commissioning or undertaking documentary/archival research
- Experience of liaising/consulting with Historic England, attending Design Team Meetings and pre-application meetings
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines
- Commercial awareness, and the ability to prepare quotes is desirable
Who You Are:
- Based in London, or within commutable distance (travel throughout the UK may be required on occasion)
- Affiliate, Associate or Full member of IHBC (or CIfA), with a relevant qualification
- Full driver's licence is desirable
- Past experience of target-based performance management and/or self-management is desirable
- Positive attitude to home working
What's on offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Full time home working, with site visits and meeting attendance as required
- Private healthcare (post-probation)
- 5% pension contribution
- Generous annual leave allowance
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!