Allen & York's Engineering team are working on behalf of a leading specialist in the Traffic, Highways and Drainage sector.
Due to a significant pick up in pipeline in the recent weeks, the business is looking to expand their technical team to respond to their client's demands on linear infrastructure projects across the UK. Alongside a more senior hire, we are looking for a Highways and Drainage Engineer, to input at a technical level across the diverse project list. You will have experience inputting on large projects in the UK market, producing drawings and designs as required under the supervision of the senior team.
Your technical experience will comprise of the following:
- Good AutoCAD skills with experience in the preparation of detail design drawings and specifications
- Design experience in the use of DMRB
- Working knowledge of Civils 3D, Micro Drainage, Auto Track, Key Sign
- Good working knowledge and experience in negotiating S278, S38 and S106 agreements
Further to this, you will hold:
- 3-5 years' experience in highway / civil engineering design
- A Degree in Civil Engineering
- Progression towards a professional qualification
- Experience in project management, liaising with client and local authorities
- Full UK drivers licence
This is a strong opportunity to join a team with a solid pipeline of work in an uncertain period. The role would suit a engineer from a large team who is looking for more personal responsibility for the delivery of projects, or perhaps somebody from a smaller team who is looking to gain exposure on more challenging work.
We are recruiting for this role actively. Applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received. A more Senior position is also available within the same team. Contact Tom Herbert for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org