Exciting opportunity to work for a leading development team and as the HSQE Engineer you will act to ensure external and internal governance in the areas of Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental (HSQE) management are being followed. Where possible you will highlight areas of both best practice & areas for improvement within the teams. Being part of the HSQE team supporting the Traffic business unit across its UK operations you will strive for excellence in safeguarding the Health, Safety and Quality of their staff and business processes, driving contemporary approaches to engage employees.
You will be based from Enfield but the role will support our business in the North and North-East of Central London, as well as the South East (including locations at Basildon and Hove).
What are my responsibilities?
- To work in a dynamic, fast changing and high risk business, monitoring, promoting & developing good practice within a continuous improvement environment
- Audit HSQE activities across the BU against approved standards & codes of practice (i.e. lead auditor role). Assist in the management & delivery of the audit schedule
- Assist in HSQE procedure & process reviews relevant to the BU at defined intervals to ensure compliance & /or develop improvement initiatives
- To review & update the HSQE event management tool as directed, to analyze input data, amend as required & provide feedback via reports to management regarding BU / Departmental performance
- Provide support to the Management Team with contemporary Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality practices.
- Designing campaigns and preparing briefing information & data regarding HSQE activities under your direct stewardship to the HSQE Manager as directed
- Supporting tendering & bid activity in regard to HSQE topics & deliverables
- Providing competent accident / incident investigation as directed. Preparing reports & liaising with senior managers regarding outcomes & action
- Evaluation of contractor performance by physical site inspection & evaluation against supplied HSQE documentation. Working in conjunction with our Procurement department to maintain our approved suppliers list
- Assisting with the development & deployment of inspiring and engaging toolbox talks, safety bulletins & other communicated media regarding HSQE activities
- Work on specific HSQE projects & tasks as directed by HSQE management
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- An in depth understanding of the ISO18001 &14001 standards (essential)
- Occupational H&S professional qualification (NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)) (essential)
- Either hold a certificate or have significant experience of Environmental Management (IEMA certificate / NVQ etc)
- Either hold a Quality qualification or have significant experience or professional membership
- Understanding of ISO 9001
- Have good interpersonal & people skills especially in influencing people at all levels
- Hold a Membership (preferably chartered) in a OHS, Quality or Environmental professional body
- The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to problem solve using data, provide expert advice to resolve issues and have a working knowledge of computer applications such as the Microsoft Office packages
The Business unit within the traffic sector has approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rolling Stock, Rail Automation, Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Rail Electrification.
I look forward to receiving your application and discussing this exciting role in more depth with you... Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.