A unique opportunity has arisen for a Human Factors Consultant. This is a chance to work for a market leading consultancy who is experiencing significant growth.
To apply domain specific knowledge and skills in human factors methods and knowledge of human science (human factors, psychology, occupational and organisational psychology, ergonomics) across multiple sectors and on high-profile client projects.
- Responsible for technical delivery on one or more human factors and ergonomic projects, with oversight and support from Project Manager / Director.
- Leverages own experience and knowledge of relevant theories, and evidence-based practice in the design and delivery of human factors and ergonomics workshops.
- Liaises closely with counterpart client stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of set project outcomes.
- Supports Project Manager / Director and client to prepare proposals, developing client relationships, building internal and external networks.
- Analyses, derives insights, and reports on client's Builds engaging relationships with a range of internal stakeholders to help influence other disciplines and share relevant Human Factors best practices.
- Draws on relevant theories, evidence-based practice to apply human factors standards, guidelines and best practice to support design and assurance of products, systems, infrastructure and operations.
- Implements human factors methods and techniques from task analyses, communications and information needs analysis, predictive and evaluative workload assessments, to anthropometric assessment, usability assessment and aspects of organisational human factors.
- Supports and implements human performance and user experience research, analysis and evaluation.
- Designs and implements experimental trials and data collection methods such as observation, interviews, focus groups, walkthroughs and workshops.
- Integrates human factors methodologies and approaches into engineering programmes.
- Supports project economics by demonstrating good commercial discipline and delivering work within set commercial expectations.
- Contributes to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers, and the Human Factors community of practice and Operations Consulting skills network.
Requirements and skills
- Typically, a first degree and / or extensive experience in Human factors, Ergonomics, Occupational or Organisational Psychology.
- Working towards or considering becoming a professional member with a relevant institute such as Chartered / Registered with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF).
- Typically, three plus years of experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Experience in two or more of our technical areas (task analyses, communications and information needs analysis, predictive and evaluative workload assessments, anthropometric assessment, usability assessment and aspects of organisational human factors).
- Experience using recognised research and data analysis tools.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and teams working.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as Human factors, Ergonomics, Occupational or Organisational Psychology.
- Experience providing specialist human factors methods and knowledge in one or more of the following markets: Rail, Highways, Energy, Aviation, Water, Built environment, Science and Industry.
- Experience or working knowledge of the following human factors disciplines:
- Anthropometrics, Accessibility and physical ergonomics including working environment and manual handling
- Task Analysis and Communications analysis
- Human Error and Reliability assessment and evaluation
- Workload assessment (predictive and evaluative)
- Alarms assessment
- Human Computer Interaction
- Usability assessments (performance, error, satisfaction and engagement)
- Human factors integration, risk management and assurance
- Competency, Training Needs Analysis, team working and organisational culture
- Control room and operational design, infrastructure design, and behavioural safety
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com