Information Security Specialist - USA, Illinois
Salary Dependant on Experience
Our Client provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Information Security Specialist uses current information security technology disciplines and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures. The selected candidate will develop and maintain knowledgebase on changing regulatory, threat, and technology landscapes to continually develop or maintain security policies and standards, and ensure compliance throughout the organization.
- Execute cyber security defense processes and procedures IAW DoD policy and USTRANSCOM Government direction
- Provide cyber security defense support, to include installation, configuration, operation, and system administration of the Government furnished cyber security defense tool suite on-site at Scott AFB during normal duty hours and on-call after duty hours with a one (1) hour response time to begin work
- Provide on-site support at locations other than Scott AFB will be on an as needed basis and as directed by the government
- This position requires an understanding of ACAS and Tenable NESUS, plug-ins, reporting, configuring scan policy, evaluating scan results as valid/invalid or problem, and other skills/techniques associated with the ACAS tool as the enterprise vulnerability scanning solution
- Additionally, understanding Windows and/or Unix server administration and troubleshooting, knowledge in networking concepts, understanding how the tool interfaces with cyber security defense tool suite consisting of network and host based infrastructure defense capabilities, including firewalls, proxy servers, email filtering gateways, anti-malware.
- Experience with cloud-based hosting environments, Strong knowledge in data security administration, and Familiar with ticketing systems
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience or a total of 9 years of related experience. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
- Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
- Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
- Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Apply below or Send your CV to email@example.com