Inspection / Maintenance Engineer (Highway Structures) - LONDON
Our Client, a global design and consultancy firm who specialise in the natural and built asset environment, is looking for an Inspection / Maintenance Engineer to join their Highway Structures team in London. The team is involved in some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding.
The successful candidate will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance their skills and test their technical knowledge.
- Provide technical support into assigned projects.
- Responsible for successfully completing assigned projects within budget and deadlines and provide technical guidance to other members of the team.
- Control, coordination and supervise Junior Engineers and Technicians.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the records and or database is updated to meet project requirements.
- Ensure the production of project documents are accurate, clear and concise and compliant with best practice and any other standards dictated by the nature of the project.
- Liaise with the Project Director / Manager and the client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project.
- Assist in the resolution of complex technical issues.
- Work in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Being familiar with and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team.
- Document management, including drawing registers.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience in maintenance of all types of highway structures. Knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and Specification for Highway Works.
- Inspection experience of all types of highway structures. Knowledge of BD63 and the Manual for Maintenance of Highway Structures.
- Site supervision experience of maintenance and refurbishment works to highway structures using the ICE and NCE forms of contract.
- Project Management experience.
- Client facing experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent and ideally be a Chartered / Incorporated Civil Engineer or nearing Chartered / Incorporated status.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.