Allen & York's infrastructure team are again working on behalf of a large international infrastructure specialist, to grow their European team in Zurich, in response to work won on a major project. These roles are offered exclusively by Allen & York.
We are conducting a major round of recruitment into the Zurich and London technical, project management and project finance teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an EPC organisation during a major growth period. You will gain exposure on the full lifecycle of the project, from pre construction to post handover. Opportunities are on offer here with this company that are seldom found in the European domestic market. This role is based full time in Zurich, SW. You will need to hold the right to work in Switzerland. This is a pre-requisite for this position. This role is operating to Swiss reporting and accounting standards, and as such all applicants must be comfortable with the GAAP and IFRS frameworks.
- Reporting to the Group CFO, run project SPC and operating accounts in appropriate software packages.
- Collect and validate invoices issued by commercial managers, raise and troubleshoot issues as required
- Prepare payment orders and secure disbursements.
- Document transactions in line with internal auditing requirements
- Day to day bookkeeping and entry to accounting platforms. Ensuring accurate monthly SAP close out.
- Assist on taxation matters.
- Develop standardisation of reporting and forecasts (including balance sheets, P&L, cashflow etc.)
- Ensure compliance of accounting entries in line with national and international reporting requirements.
- Answer policy queries internally and externally.
- Secure integrity and confidentially by conducting regular database backups.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by the Group CFO.
- Swiss GAAP/IFRS framework experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 3-5 years of practical accounting experience within the construction, transportation or power industries.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Strong mathematical, excel and PowerPoint skills
- Foreign Language Skills are a plus.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team with sole access to a major international infrastructure project, and would offer the successful candidate absolutely fantastic personal and professional development.
This role is immediately available and we will be appraising and progressing applications as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org . This role is also offered at a Graduate level.