Our Client is a fast-growing Infrastructure Advisory team provides a range of corporate finance expertise covering fund raising, deal structuring, due diligence and valuations.
Our clients' infrastructure team is an exciting and innovative part of their overall business and long term strategy.
The Associate will be expected to work on a broad range of special projects that require excellent analytical and modelling skills.
The candidate will be exposed to the variety of projects at various points of the investment cycle
The candidate will be required to understand complex mathematical and legal concepts and produce outputs which be easily understood by senior management.
- Build and maintain complex financial models in a transparent, accurate and efficient way
- Support investment transactions though building and taking full ownership for financial models and the assumptions and structuring that underpins returns
- The applicant should be action orientated with persuasive people skills in order to gather data and then model, assess, and present solid investment opportunities.
- Undertake insightful analysis and produce clear, concise data for management reporting
- Build and a maintain a strong relationship other teams as well as our partnering development companies and other market participants
- Support business development with fast, focussed analysis and judge the right level of detail required for each decision
- Exceptional academic background
- Excellent analytical and excel financial modelling skills (including VBA, detailed knowledge and experience of structuring project finance deals, and ideally a sound understanding of energy terminology and assumptions)
- A strong team player with the confidence to challenge and liaise with counterparties at all levels of seniority
- Prior experience at an energy company, investment bank, private equity, or big four accountancy firm
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated talent to make the complex simple, and the ability to change between extremely detailed, and then big picture analysis
- Very strong knowledge of accounting and financial concepts
- Knowledge of alternative energy or renewable energy generation projects