|Job Title:||Junior Structural Engineer - Offshore Wind|
|Location:||North London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Join a green' renewable energy project team for offshore wind.
We need a junior structural engineer to join a well-established program and become a member of the Project Services team working in-house on development, engineering and construction and with clients and contractors.
The role will involve the creation and assessment of structural designs, primarily in the marine environment and the delivery of general project engineering services to external clients involved in the development and operation of offshore wind farms. The role may also involve technical analyses such as metocean data analysis and construction weather downtime modelling.
- Produce and/or undertake technical reviews of design basis, concept through to detailed design work and design risk assessments
- Undertake technical reviews and/or carry out analysis of fabrication, transportation, installation and O&M strategies.
- Perform concept and FEED design studies of wind turbine foundations, covering piles, jackets, gravity bases & suction buckets, offshore substation foundations and topsides
- Specification of structural monitoring systems, and analysis / interpretation of monitoring data
- Geotechnical data interpretation and the specification of design parameters
- Metocean data interpretation, analysis and the specification of design parameters
- Other structural design, assessment and analysis work associated with new business areas.
- Contribute to design reviews
- Produce Design Risk Assessments
- Provision of project engineering services i.e. providing and/or coordinating the necessary input of engineering and technical support needed to deliver services including
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed.
- Producing and managing design plans.
- Producing calculations and reports.
- Reviewing project or package schedules to identify and plan engineering input.
- Monitoring engineering progress.
- Identifying and implementing areas of process improvement.
- Broad engineering knowledge covering, at a high level, all aspects of offshore wind farm design and operation
- Knowledge of relevant offshore structural design codes and standards
- Knowledge of structural subjects such as structural monitoring systems, corrosion, welding, metallurgy, bolting, grouting etc.
- Knowledge of structural dynamics
- Knowledge of marine structure design in steel and concrete
- Knowledge of fabrication, transportation and installation processes for offshore wind farms
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations within the offshore environment
- Logical and lateral problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills including report writing and presentation and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, contractors and consultants
- Ability to apply technical skills to problems in other areas, such as onshore, civil, coastal, etc.
- Ability to use Python / Visual Basic or similar Object Oriented Programming language.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to react positively to the varying challenges of construction projects
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use MathCAD
- Experience working to design codes and standards
- Experience of data analysis
- Experience of fabrication, transportation and installation processes for offshore wind farms
- Experience working with structural certification
- Any experience of the offshore wind sector
- Delivering engineering and/or technical services to clients on complex engineering projects
- Preparing and issuing tender packages for subconsultants and contractors and evaluating the responses
- Experience in working with structural monitoring systems (desirable)
- Offshore working experience (desirable)
- Experience in design & assessment of floating structures (desirable
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent