Land Manager - Scotland
A Land Manager / Land Negotiator is required for a leading Consultancy. Preferably based in Scotland, you will be joining a nation wide team that help clients' deliver renewable energy projects. You will work as part of the Land Team and also work in individual project teams for clients. You will be the main point of contact for all land and development related duties, establishing new development opportunities whilst ensuring the most cost effective contract is agreed on land purchases. You will have good knowledge of the planning system, DCO projects and work closely with the Planning team. You will report to the Land Director. Travel within the UK is expected and travel internationally may be required.
- Discussing with clients and their project team as to the rights required for the scheme's infrastructure
- Carrying out desk and site-based land searches
- Producing maps and plans with the support of our GIS team
- Advising clients on the appropriate land agreements to secure these rights
- Liaising and negotiating with landowners to secure the rights
- Liaising with the project team and landowners for any surveys required
- Creating land budgets for the client to advise of all known land costs
- Attend meetings, public events and project hearings as required
Alongside having sound technical and commercial knowledge, you will need to be confident, commercially aware and be able to develop existing relationships whilst building upon new ones.
Other key skills will include:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Land Manager or similar relevant experience;
- Confident with liaising with key stakeholders/decision makers;
- Deliver on land identification, appraisal and acquisition of new sites;
- A good understanding of the energy market in the UK.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Good team player, with the ability to work autonomously;
- Full UK driving licence
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- RICS preferred but not essential.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org