Senior/Principal Landscape Planner
My client are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to work in their Landscape Planning team based in Bristol.
You will be someone with sound experience in Landscape/Seascape Character Assessment and its applications (e.g. landscape sensitivity/capacity, landscape monitoring) and a strong knowledge of landscape planning and management more generally (e.g. agri-environment schemes); with excellent field work, report writing and verbal communication skills.
Their landscape planning and assessment team are a market leader in Landscape, Townscape and Seascape Character Assessment, Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment and landscape policy and research.
They have a particular interest in the development of methodologies and the application of characterisation to strategic and local planning, including the production of landscape sensitivity studies, landscape monitoring projects, management strategies, and the review of landscape designations.
Work would typically include:
- Landscape and Seascape Character (LCA/SCA) and sensitivity assessments (LSA): examples include work for Dartmoor National Park, Greater Manchester (both LCA and LSA) and for the Marine Management Organisation (England's national seascape assessment)
- Assessment and management of protected landscapes: examples include exploring the extension to the Lake District National Park and undertaking monitoring projects for several AONBs.
- Research and monitoring of agri-environment schemes, including our award-winning five-year contract to monitor the landscape effects of Environmental Stewardship for Natural England.
- Planning for future landscapes and responding to climate change, including our integrated landscape sensitivity and Green Infrastructure study for Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) and associated mitigation/ design: for a range of developments including residential, railways, major power lines, minerals extraction and onshore / offshore renewable energy.
You will be involved in all stages of project development, from tendering through to completion, you will be expected to participate in all aspects of the work, including assisting with generation of new business, project management and mentoring of more junior staff.
You will be become part of a friendly, award winning team of Landscape professionals, Planners, GIS specialists and Ecologists who are committed to delivering high quality professional work, with a strong emphasis on delivering sustainable solutions.
My client are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, including part time working (minimum 30 hours per week), core hours and a degree of location flexibility.
You will be an experienced Landscape Architect or Landscape Planner, preferably with consolidated experience practicing in a consultancy team.
You will hold a degree and / or a post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (for example Landscape Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Environmental Planning).
Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute is desirable but not essential. My client recognise that there are other routes into the profession and as such welcome people with other backgrounds who consider themselves appropriately experienced.
You will have excellent report and tender writing skills and be able to produce visually engaging reports, with experience of interpreting a wide range of information including from written literature, GIS data and fieldwork observations.
You will be confident in writing about landscape and have an understanding of the issues impacting upon it.
An organised and efficient approach to completing work within tight deadlines is important, as is the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and clients.
You will be adaptable to working independently, whilst also working with other individuals within their Landscape planning team, and within the landscape design and environmental planning teams, as well as with other client teams.
You will need to hold a valid driving licence.
I look forward to hearing from you soon, and if you would like to chat further about this opportunity, then please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.