Due to growth a new position has arisen for a LCA Consultant. As an LCA practitioner and consultant, you'll be a key part of our dynamic team, delivering project work and contributing towards our thought-leadership initiatives. You will enjoy dealing with data, people and be solutions-oriented with some applied experience of lifecycle work in the carbon, climate, sustainability, environmental, social and/or HSE realms. Examples of technical work within this role include assessing engineering designs for infrastructure projects and producing/assessing Environmental Product Declarations for clients. Experience of assessing and improving the environmental impacts of materials, manufacturing, construction methods and nature-based solutions, will be beneficial in this job role. You'll be familiar with the challenge companies, projects and programmes are facing and be enthusiastic to learn and contribute directly towards enhancing them. You'll strive for the transition to safer, greener, cleaner and net zero emissions future.
Some recent sustainability project commissions:
- Conducting 'cradle to grave/cradle' and comparative LCAs for materials, products and assets, developing Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) and verifying those produced by others
- Carrying out and delivering a third-party peer review on an energy sector development, in line with the requirements of a business-to-consumer EPD
- Using LCA tools to carry out a carbon assessment for a rail client, including baselining and recording savings, across a large infrastructure project with an ambitious carbon reduction target
- World-class sustainability strategies, materiality assessments and annual reporting (to GRI standard) for renowned companies (e.g. in telecomms, construction, transportation including airports and ports)
- Ground-breaking net zero strategies work for city authorities, county councils and infrastructure organisations
- Calculating the Scope 3 GHG emissions of a law firm to inform a major reduction strategy
- Initiating and preparing a comprehensive programme of ESG initiatives for a real estate assets' owner
- Carrying out research on the best performing companies in TCFD reporting, for the PRI.
- Analysing the Social Return on Investment for elements of a company's CSR programme.
A typical week would include:
- Leading industry-leading LCA projects and proposals, including LCA peer review and preparing deliverables
- Working directly with clients to investigate, guide, influence and provide advice on capturing data and calculating GHG emissions
- Organising data capture and hosting calls, carbon calculations, modelling future scenarios and preparing dashboards of key information
- Helping colleagues across the wide gamut of services across our business to design-in carbon solutions; this could include setting science-based targets, identifying robust offsetting programmes, and providing tailor-made nature-based solutions
- Actively contributing low impact ideas and solutions (e.g. in workshops with design engineers), as well as decarbonising and enhancing sustainability in the design of infrastructure and development projects
- Supporting wider projects (e.g. international development, ESG strategies, net zero road maps)
- Contributing to marketing, strategy and capability documents
You'll be part of a dynamic and growing team that:
- Works directly with private and public sector clients to investigate, guide, influence and provide leading advice on sustainability, carbon, climate, ESG, circular economy and E&S management
- Influences the decarbonisation agenda and sustainability in the design of infrastructure across buildings and infrastructure
- Prepares the groundwork to be able to pursue meaningful and purpose-led strategies, including setting targets (e.g. science-based, and net zero road maps, plans and designs) especially with public sector authorities
- Works across technical teams, liaising with engineers and ecologists to, to learn from and gain support on projects
- Delivers carbon assessments for both infrastructure projects and ESG clients, following international standards and best practice principles, such as GHG Protocol and PAS 2080.
- Supports a huge range of UK and international development projects.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com