Our client is a cabling contactor who is looking for a project manager who can manage projects for offshore wind farms.
This would be reporting to the Operations Manager; the primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage electrical installation projects.
The work will be varied and can include compiling or reviewing specifications, producing bid responses, procurement, transportation, managing installation, writing installation, testing and commissioning documents & procedures for off shore and land based projects, as well as monitoring and managing day to day project activities up until project close-out/lesson learnt, completing any necessary reporting, both financial and technical.
- Provide professional support in relation to all electrical installation projects and associated activities up to and including 400kV both project related and for potential business opportunities.
- Carry out detailed site surveys in order to obtain sufficient information to execute works in a competent and cost effective manner.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications
- Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiate design
- Check design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
- Actively contribute to design review, safety review (Risk Assessment and HAZOPS) from a technical stand point and assess the level of risk and identify any health and safety and financial risks and the development of associated contingency plans.
- Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and the needs of the client
- Prepare installation, commissioning and operating documents
- Direct interface with subcontractors and client project teams.
- Working with the Project Coordinator/Office Manager to oversee procurement of project materials required to carry out the project scope of work
- With assistance of the Project Coordinator coordinate and manage personnel and their requirements for accommodation and travel.
- Work closely with the HSEQ Coordinator and Technical Manager to ensure that all processes and activities are carried and completed in accordance with the approved procedures and ensure compliance with all necessary client systems and processes and with all safety and site rules and procedures.
- Manage the project finances, compiling payment applications along with preparing and recording all site and contract variations and compensation events associated with the site works.
- Provide support to ensure that the project related records are completed
- Assisting with compilation of PPQ and Tender submissions and undertaking R&D activities.
- Education to degree level or equivalent (Desirable)
- Able to demonstrate previous experience on design and installation of high voltage electrical systems
- Be able to demonstrate a drive and passion of continual improvement of systems
- Ability to work independently and suggest improvements where appropriate
- Ability to use MS Project and/or Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to a high standard
- Willingness to travel within UK, Europe and Worldwide, sometimes at short notice
- Knowledge of HV cable installations (including civils elements), testing and commissioning
- Degree qualification in related field of engineering
- An understanding of cable jointing, on land and at sea.
- Knowledge of testing and commissioning requirements
- Knowledge of cables and their handling requirements and limitations
- Knowledge of cable shore end landing and pull-in techniques
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to occasionally work for periods on site, off shore and travel at short notice.
- Gives the speaker undivided attention and appears interested in the message (e.g., maintains eye contact, nods).
- Confirms understanding, paraphrases or summarises what others have said.
- Understands the impact of words on the recipient
- Shares relevant information in a timely and open manner to keep relevant parties informed through the accepted communication systems
- Gives high quality presentations.
- Compiles and effectively communicates comprehensive business plans and proposals.
- Generates unique but workable and useful solutions to difficult problems.