Global Multi-National Engineering Consultancy who deliver Professional Services throughout Project Life Cycles, are seeking to appoint a Lead Design Engineer due to an increase in business
Are you a Design Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical management and direction of water engineering projects? My client has an exciting career role in their established Water team, based in the South West in either Exeter or Bristol.
You will work alongside their project managers and engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, taking technical decisions, identifying the need for design resources and specialist input across the company and their supply chain. The responsibility of mentoring technical design staff and managing stakeholder expectations will call for knowledge of crucial design processes and for excellent communication skills.
As a Lead Design Engineer, you will work closely with their Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to manage project delivery, technical quality, contribute to projects and bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and drive efficiency.
You will take ownership of key packages of work and see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You will also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Project management experience
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
- A degree or equivalent in a related engineering subject (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical) and/or a project management background;
- Membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE
Your benefits will include
Flexible working arrangements.
25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year.
For this immediate opportunity please forward an up to date cv to email@example.com
Telephone 07930 281226