We are proud to be working with a leading Consultancy to recruit a Lead Environmental Consultant within the Decommissioning sector. You will have a background of helping to support consenting of decommissioning projects, and a robust knowledge of associated legislation, derived from your time in consultancy, regulator, stakeholder or developer. You will work with the team to lead our clients through a variety of decommissioning projects on a variety of scales, including topsides, steel jackets, concrete gravity base structures, subsea infrastructure and pipelines.
You will act as project manager across a range of jobs, taking the key client contact role on a day to day basis, and leading consultants within the team to deliver these projects on time and to budget. You will also support our senior staff to deliver our larger and more complex scopes, preparing project documentation, attending workshops and undertaking impact assessments.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree level;
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom;
- Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information;
- Commercial awareness;
- Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general;
- Keen interest and knowledge of offshore energy industries;
- Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results to a high standard.
- You will have worked on preparation of Decommissioning Programmes, Environmental Appraisals, Comparative Assessments and Scoping Reports;
- You will have prepared for and participated in Environmental Identification (risk assessment) workshops;
- You will have a good understanding of UK energy sector (in particular, decommissioning) guidance and legislation;
- You will have a good working knowledge of decommissioning consents and permits;
- You will know how to engage effectively with stakeholders, including with regulators and statutory bodies
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org