ALLEN & YORK Ltd have been given a fresh new opportunity to recruit for one of the biggest global electronics and information technology companies. Our client is seeking a professional Lead Fire and Security Design Engineer/Co-ordinator to take on a leading role within a well-established team, located in Surrey.
As the newly appointed candidate, you will be working alongside the design team, helping and overseeing all aspects of the projects, whilst always complying with the codes of conduct and relevant safety standards.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the fire and security system designs, making sure they comply with the British Safety Standards and codes of practice and are relevant to customer specifications.
- Will be confident in building and maintaining customer relationships, new and old.
- You are able in understanding the customers business and any business terminology.
- Ensure that all functions are completed to the client's standards.
- Be fully committed to self-improvement and attend any relevant training courses.
- Ensure certification is valid and have up to date knowledge, classification and installation methods.
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment/ materials to be used within the solution and to meet the client's operational requirements.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have previous design experience, with a thorough understanding of fire and security systems.
- Commercial understanding of design requirements vs. costs requirements.
- Can take accurate measurements from designs/drawings.
- You are familiar with current British standards in the industry.
- Can demonstrate drive, focus, planning and a positive attitude to consistently achieve high quality results.
- Good organisational skills. Self-motivated and a team player, being a good communicator with peers, other staff and customers.
- Experience with I Networks design.
- Proven ability to document, illustrate and present detailed fire and security system design specifications with in-depth knowledge of relevant codes of practices and standards.
- Electrical - Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Auto CAD, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite is needed.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Vicky Kenrick at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.