We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced bat worker based in our Derby office.
The successful candidate will be able to lead dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys, undertake bat sound analysis and plan surveys. They will have a significant level of bat survey experience and ideally hold a class 2 bat licence or above.
- Class 2 Bat licence (e.g. class licence CL18 level 2 or above);
- Experience in acting as the named ecologist on European Protected Species development) licences for a range of bat species;
- Experienced report writer who applies attention to detail;
- Experience of leading bat surveys; and
- Proficient in bat sound analysis
- An appropriate ecological degree qualification;
- Experience of bat care or other handling experience (bat box checks / harp trapping & mist netting etc);
- Experience of having attended bat survey training courses;
- Experience with other species groups would be an advantage; and
- Experience of manging other staff members.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to able to work in all weather conditions necessary to carry out collection of data;
- Be prepared to work away from home if necessary;
- A full UK driving licence; and
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!